Another day of wait and see.

I was so anxious that I might go into labor on Friday night.  I felt this ominous dread.  My doctor is not on-call all weekend, so her partner would be the one to deliver my baby if she arrives before Monday.  Her partner is a doctor that I have not met, and I suppose it’s my own fault for not scheduling an appointment to meet her over the last 38 weeks.  So, I had to come to terms with the fact that I may be delivering some time this weekend with a doctor whose face I’ve only seen in the lobby on a info card.

Today I took a very long, brisk walk around the Burbank Shopping Center with my mother.  By the end, I felt exhilarated and a bit sore.  Hopefully my daughter has dropped down a wee bit more, and we shall meet her in the next 48 hours.  I’m so very anxious.  I can’t wait to meet her, but labor is labor, not a party.